Before you hire a Copywriter, read this...
The 8 Make-or-Break Questions to ask any Copywriter (including me!) before you sign a contract. This could be a stitch in time...
It only takes a few minutes to read!
Download now, while it’s free...
To be honest, I'd rather talk about you than bang on about myself all day! But if you're thinking of hiring me to write your website or mailshot or whatever, I guess you'll want some background first...
So here's 10 things you didn't know:
1. I write all sorts. Since 1988, I've written magazine
columns, articles, radio pieces, game scripts, bits of
comedy...plus a children's book and
bucket loads of copy!
2. For a few years I did stand-up comedy, and had bottles and things lobbed at my face in various dingy basements.
3. Thanks to a student job in Theatreland, I'm (probably) the only Copywriter alive who's sold ice cream to Dustin Hoffman and Ian Beale off "Eastenders".
4. I've got a Degree in Linguistics and Diploma in
Copywriting pinned to the wall of my office. I've got a Cycling
Proficiency Badge somewhere too. It might be round at my
5. I spent 8 years as a journalist, and finally jacked it
in when I was forced to interview Wolf out of "Gladiators".
Everyone has their breaking point.
6. All the best copywriters have cut their teeth in Direct Sales. I did a 2-year stint in the 90s, selling cable TV door to door. VG apprenticeship, drank lots of tea.
7. I've co-written 2 sitcoms for BBC Wales, and I really hated the first one!
8. Cable guys NTL switched me onto the joys of Marketing. I spent 7 years running product launches, niche campaigns and creating new marketing channels.
9. It took me almost 25 years to write my children's book The Pickle-Smith Trunk-Warmer - a tale of skiing elephants and warty jungle trolls. Life got in the way...
10. I set up EarthMonkey in 2006. Since then I've written copy for over 150 clients in 46 different sectors...and counting!
So there you have
That's a potted history with (some of) the dull bits taken out. If you like the idea of working with a stand-up comic turned journo turned salesman turned marketer turned copywriter, give me a shout.